ACSESS Inc. is the umbrella organization for three nonprofit societies: American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America. These societies comprise over 13,000 members worldwide. ACSESS publishes the Societies books and journals; sponsors the Societies’ Annual Meeting; and administers the Membership, Education, and Professional Activities of the societies. Beginning with the Agronomy Society in 1907, the members of ACSESS have expanded their efforts in agricultural sciences to now include outreach and education in many scientific areas, including support of our food supply, environmental sciences and climate change, and crop/plant health and productivity.
- What kind of content is included in the Digital Library?
This product contains full-text of all the journals published by the three societies that make up ACSESS: Agronomy Society of America; Crop Science Society of America; and Soil Science Society of America. Archives of the journals are included. In addition, the full text of over 300 books are included, all digitized to the chapter level. Click here to learn more.
- What are the Impact Factors of the journals?
CS: Crop Science dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/cs: 1.910 (five years)
VZJ: Vadose Zone Journal dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/vzj: 2.259 (five years)
JPR: Journal of Plant Registrations (new) dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/jpr: 0.677 (three years)
- Will new launches or acquisitions be automatically added during the term of the agreement?
Yes. But price adjustments will only occur annually.
- What archives will participants have access to at no additional fee?
Access to archival content depends on the Digital Library subscription your institution subscribes to. There are two options for institutional Digital Library subscribers. First, an institution may subscribe to the Digital Library with all content published by the Societies including archive content going back to volume 1, issue 1. A second option is to subscribe to only current Digital Library content with content from 2010- current year.
- Are there additional archives available for purchase?
Yes, a backfile purchase option is available for content published between 1907-2009.
- What about perpetual access after cancelation?
The purchasing libraries may retain in access to content in years in which they had a paid subscription to that content.
- How will libraries access the collection?
Libraries will access the collection via authenticated IP addresses.
- Is a free trial available?
30-day free trial. Usage statistics via COUNTER will be supplied.
- Are subject collections available as separate deals?
Business model and pricing:
What is our business model?
The business model is based on offering deep discounts relative to the number of nonprofit educational institutions taking the Digital Library. So the greater the number of institutions subscribing, the greater the discount.
- What price advantage is there for consortium members to participate in the offer over the standard individual institution price and the published list price of the content?
A range of discounts from approximately 20% - 80% depending, once again, on the number of nonprofit educational institutions subscribing.
- Is pricing based on FTE?
- What subscription term applies e.g. annual or multi-year deal?
The subscription term is annual.
- Do members have to maintain current subscriptions?
- Is there a discount on the print price for e-only subscriptions?
- Do you have an e-only option for members who would like to cancel print subscriptions?
Terms and conditions:
- Does a license have to be signed?
Yes,we are happy to supply our license agreement upon request by the institution. We are also registered with SERU and abide by their recommendations.
- Who are the authorized users?
Faculty, students, consultants, guests
- Are “walk-in” users allowed to access the material within the library?
- Is remote access available outside the institution’s premises e.g. a researcher working from home?
- Is interlibrary loan copying allowed?
- May the material be used in university course packs and electronic reserves?
In 2015 ACSESS will be attending the following conferences. We'd love to see you there!
To request a special appointment or demonstration please email us here.
June 12-17, 2015
August 16-20, 2015
Cape Town, South Africa
Frankfurt Book Fair
Francis Marion Hotel, Carolina Ballroom
ASA- CSSA- SSSA Annual Meeting
November 15-18 2015
Minneapolis Convention Center