ACSESS Inc. is the umbrella organization for three nonprofit societies: American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America. These societies comprise over 13,000 members worldwide. ACSESS publishes the Societies books and journals; sponsors the Societies’ Annual Meeting; and administers the Membership, Education, and Professional Activities of the societies. Beginning with the Agronomy Society in 1907, the members of ACSESS have expanded their efforts in agricultural sciences to now include outreach and education in many scientific areas, including support of our food supply, environmental sciences and climate change, and crop/plant health and productivity.
- What kind of content is included in the Digital Library?
This product contains full-text of all the journals published by the three societies that make up ACSESS: Agronomy Society of America; Crop Science Society of America; and Soil Science Society of America. Archives of the journals are included. In addition, the full text of over 300 books are included, all digitized to the chapter level. Click here to learn more.
- What are the Impact Factors of the journals?
CS: Crop Science https://www.agronomy.org/publications/cs: 1.910 (five years)
AJ: Agronomy Journal https://www.agronomy.org/publications/aj: 2.267 (five years)
SSSAJ: Soil Science of America Journal https://www.soils.org/publications/sssaj: 2.688 (five years)
JEQ: Journal of Environmental Quality https://www.soils.org/publications/jeq: 2.785 (five years)
VZJ: Vadose Zone Journal https://www.soils.org/publications/vzj: 2.259 (five years)
JPR: Journal of Plant Registrations (new) https://www.crops.org/publications/jpr: 0.677 (three years)
- Will new launches or acquisitions be automatically added during the term of the agreement?
Yes. But price adjustments will only occur annually.
- What archives will participants have access to at no additional fee?
All currently available archives are included.
- Are there additional archives available for purchase?
- What about perpetual access after cancellation?
The purchasing libraries within the consortium may retain in perpetuity all content that they had licensed prior to the cancellation.
- How will libraries access the collection?
Libraries will access the collection via authenticated IP addresses.
- Is a free trial available?
30-day free trial. Usage statistics via COUNTER will be supplied.
- Are subject collections available as separate deals?
Business model and pricing:
What is our business model?
The business model is based on offering deep discounts relative to the number of nonprofit educational institutions taking the Digital Library. So the greater the number of institutions subscribing, the greater the discount.
- What price advantage is there for consortium members to participate in the offer over the standard individual institution price and the published list price of the content?
A range of discounts from approximately 20% - 80% depending, once again, on the number of nonprofit educational institutions subscribing.
- Is pricing based on FTE?
- What subscription term applies e.g. annual or multi-year deal?
The subscription term is annual.
- Is there a price cap on annual increases?
2.0% for each of the next two years, guaranteed. Adjustments for additional content will be made on top of this increase.
- Do members have to maintain current subscriptions?
- Is there a discount on the print price for e-only subscriptions?
- Do you have an e-only option for members who would like to cancel print subscriptions?
- May members order through their subscription agent?
Terms and conditions:
Does a license have to be signed?
No, but we are happy to supply one upon request by the institution. We are also registered with SERU and abide by their recommendations.
Who are the authorized users?
Faculty, students, consultants, guests
Are “walk-in” users allowed to access the material within the library?
Is remote access available outside the institution’s premises e.g. a researcher working from home?
Is interlibrary loan copying allowed?
May the material be used in university course packs and electronic reserves?
In 2013 ACSESS will be attending the following conferences. We'd love to see you there!
To request a special appointment or demonstration please email us here.
Plant and Animal Genome XXI Conference
January 12-16, 2013
Town & Country Resort & Convention Center, Grand Exhibit Hall
San Diego, CA
February 12-14, 2013
iGroup (Asia Pacific) Booth
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
South Bank, Brisbane QLD, Australia
UKSG Annual Conference
April 7-10, 2013
NAMA- National Agri-Marketing Association Conference
April 17-19, 2013
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Kansas City, MO
April 21-27, 2013
Hotel InterContinental Medellin
June 9-11, 2013
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA
IAALD- World Congress
July 22-24, 2013
August 18-21, 2013
Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Center
ASA- CSSA- SSSA Annual Meeting
November 3-6, 2013
Tampa Convention Center- Society Center
Francis Marion Hotel