Scope: Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment is a peer-reviewed, international, electronic journal covering all aspects of agriculture, plant, environmental, and soil sciences. Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment uses peer review to determine whether a paper is technically sound and worthy of inclusion in the published scientific record. Manuscripts must satisfy the following criteria:
* The study presents the results of primary scientific research.
* Results reported have not been published elsewhere, except on recognized preprint servers.
* Experiments, statistics, and other analyses are performed to current technical standards and are described in sufficient detail.
* Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data.
* The article is clearly written in English following appropriate rules of composition and grammar.
* The research meets all applicable standards for the ethics of experimentation and research integrity.
* The article adheres to appropriate reporting guidelines and community standards for data availability.
Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment will provide a venue for content that is not typically published in other prominent journals, including:
* Experiments that are limited in geography or time (e.g., a single site-year);
* Soil survey data papers, and other significant data sets;
* Confirmatory papers;
* Results of experiments that report negative results (non-significant data that accepts the null hypothesis) that are nonetheless supportive of agronomic principles and extend previous conclusions to new and current agronomic issues.
Articles in Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment are of interest to researchers, policy-makers, educators, and practitioners. Articles can be submitted directly, or can be transferred from other ACSESS journals.
Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment is prepared by an editorial board consisting of an editor and editor-in-chief, technical editors, associate editors, publications director and managing editor, and the executive vice president. Manuscripts should be submitted to Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment through the online submission website at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/agrosystems. Detailed instructions can be found at the site. Manuscripts forwarded from other journals in the ASA, CSSA, and SSSA family will carry the reviews with them from those journals.
All papers, whether invited or volunteered, are subject to review. Appeals of decision by the editorial board are handled by the ASA and CSSA editors-in-chief.